Once upon a suit, finding a great tailor was easy. Your father would make the proper introduction to a tailor who had been altering his garments for many years.
Today the task is much harder. Great tailors are hard to come by, and suit salesman don’t have the local knowledge to point you in the right direction.
How to find a great tailor
- Ask A Friend – Seek recommendations from your most trusted and stylish friends.
- Test Your Tailor – Ask if they can shorten a jacket sleeve from the shoulder.
- Visit the Shop – The best tailors have the cleanest shop floors.
- Check His Work – Ask to see something they just completed for a client.
- Take The Leap – The time has come to hand over your favourite suit for alterations.
Once you find a great tailor, you should ask him his preference of Bourbon, because that’s what you’ll be bringing him every Christmas.