Dentons has been recognised as one of BC’s Top Employers for the fifth consecutive year, reinforcing its status as an employer of choice for exceptional talent. Dentons is proud to have created an environment where its people can develop new skills, create a unique career path, explore and be supported in leadership opportunities, and collaborate with team members across its global platform, in addition to having a positive impact in local communities.
BC’s Top Employers is an annual competition organised by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognises British Columbia employers who lead their industries in offering outstanding places to work.
“Being recognised as one of BC’s Top Employers for five consecutive years is a huge accomplishment. Our continued success is a result of the commitment, enthusiasm and support for each of our team members,” said John Sandrelli, managing partner of Dentons’ Vancouver office. “We are proud to celebrate 40 years of being a part of the Vancouver community. Providing exceptional client service, taking action to improve our communities and supporting the success of both global clients and local businesses is what makes Dentons a great place to grow a career.”
The focus on its people is just one of the ways that Dentons is doing things differently. The diverse and unique strengths of Dentons’ exceptional talent help define its forward-thinking and inclusive culture. Here are some of the ways Dentons has come together to build the law firm of the future in Vancouver:
- Participate in a number of activities that promote a healthy lifestyle, including the Rotary Club of Vancouver Bike-A-Thon, Ride to Conquer Cancer, Lawn Bowling, the annual Sun Run and a Healthy Habits Walking Club.
- Help lead the fight for justice, opportunity and equality in our communities through pro bono and philanthropic commitments, including a week-long campaign in support of the United Way of the Lower Mainland, and pro bono services to the Vancouver Pride Society, assisting with the transition of their annual Pride Parade to VanVirtualPride, an online week-long celebration due to COVID-19.
- Take time to celebrate success and recognise accomplishments as one team through team celebrations, social events and barbeques.
- Advance shared commitment of building an inclusive firm by developing diverse learning programs and community-focused initiatives, such as an Indigenous business student summer placement program in collaboration with a client.
- Foster an eco-conscious environment that promotes wellness though sustainable practices in the workplace through its grassroots Workplace Improvement Sustainability and Health (WISH) Committee, like working with local restaurants to enable Dentons’ people to use reusable containers in lieu of using paper, Styrofoam or plastic to-go lunch boxes.
To learn more about our Vancouver office, career opportunities and how we are connecting BC to the world, visit our Dentons – Vancouver page.