HealthTrust today recognised five member organisations with its most esteemed honor, the Member Recognition Award, during the annual HealthTrust University Conference under way at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. HealthTrust established the Member Awards in 2009 to acknowledge outstanding contributions of organisations and individuals who demonstrate excellence in supporting providers, patients and their communities. HealthTrust president and CEO, Ed Jones, presented awards to the following HealthTrust members.
Outstanding Member – Atlantic Health System, Morristown, N.J., for exceptional fiscal improvements by leveraging HealthTrust initiatives, maintaining contract compliance and adopting new contract categories.
- Kevin Lenahan, SVP, chief financial and administrative officer
- Stephen Albanese, director, strategic sourcing
- Adisa Mesalic, manager, strategic sourcing
- Dawn Petronio, MAS, BSN, RN, clinical consultant, strategic sourcing
- Drew Douglas, strategic sourcing analyst
Operational Excellence – OU Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Okla., for integrating physicians, nurse leaders, executives and supply chain in value analysis disciplines and other best practices to streamline operations and maximise savings.
- April Imel, BSN, RN, director of value analysis
- Dee Cross, MSN, RN, administrative director of value analysis
- Casey Woods, MHA, COO
- Michael S. Cookson, MD, MMHC, physician chairman, value analysis committee
Clinical Excellence – HCA Healthcare Continental Division, Denver, Colo., for executing a laboratory stewardship process leading to improvements in operational efficiencies, financial performance, care outcomes and physician engagement, and expanding the program to other hospital divisions.
- Heather Signorelli, DO, chief laboratory officer, Clinical Services Group, HCA Healthcare
- Gary Winfield, MD, division CMO
Social Stewardship – Scripps Health, San Diego, Calif., for deploying volunteer medical response teams and providing non-clinical support to thousands of residents displaced by the Camp Fire in Paradise, Calif.
- Debra McQuillen, RN, BSN, MAS, VP and chief operations executive, Scripps Mercy Hospital
- Steve Miller, RN, MS, FACHE, senior director, clinical services, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- Mike Godfrey, ABC, senior director, corporate communications
- Jay Larrosa, MSN, RN-BC, ACM-RN, PHN, FACDONA, project manager, system care management
Pharmacy Excellence – Community Health Systems, Franklin, Tenn., for innovative quality and control measures in mitigating pharmacy drug spend resulting in operational efficiencies and sustained cost savings.
- Jerry Reed, MS, RPh, FASCP, FASHP, VP of pharmacy
- Heather Weese, PharmD, MSHI, BCPS, BCPPS, senior director, pharmacy services
In addition to being honored at the conference, award recipients will be featured in the fall issue of The Source magazine for HealthTrust members.
HealthTrust (Healthtrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tenn., HealthTrust (https://healthtrustpg.com/) serves over 1,600 hospitals and health systems, and more than 40,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites. On Twitter @healthtrustpg.