Ainsley Heffernan is a partner and head of our award-winning energy & natural resources group. He has over 15 years’ experience advising clients in the energy sector. Ainsley and his team have extensive experience representing clients involved in wind farm projects, bioenergy, hydro, solar PV, AD and CHP. Ainsley specialises in energy law, planning and development, corporate law and contract negotiation.
Ainsley has spoken at numerous conferences and regularly contributes to a variety of industry publications. Ainsley is also included in the Energy Ireland Yearbook as one of the “leading movers and shakers in the energy sector”.
- ABO Wind, as owner’s legal advisor, on Milestone, Castlewaller, Clogheravaddy and Sheskin Wind Farms
- Allied Irish Banks plc, as lender’s legal advisor, on Carrownaweelaun, Kilmeedy and Crockbrack Hill Wind Farms
- Triodos Bank, as lender’s legal advisor, on Gurteen Wind Farm
- AGNA on the development of a 200MW solar PV project in Libya
- Grange Backup Power on the development of a 115MW electricity power station in Grange Castle, Co. Dublin
- Vayu on its Power Purchase Agreements and other contracts in Ireland
Working side by side with our clients to achieve more.
Beauchamps is one of Ireland’s top full service commercial law firms. We are growing, creative and ambitious with 190 people in our Dublin headquarters.
Beauchamps has been part of the fabric of Irish business for over 200 years. We are proud of our heritage, our culture and our client base, made up of international and domestic companies fuelling Ireland’s economy.
At A Glance:
- Founded: 1803
- Full service commercial law firm
- Based in Dublin, Ireland
- 190 professional staff, 100 lawyers
- 30 practice & sector areas
- At the centre of business in Ireland
- Strong international business networks
We believe clients get better commercial outcomes when their lawyers work alongside them, rather than a step removed. We work hard to understand a client’s commercial priorities, because the best advice and solutions come from knowing what really drives a business.
This hands on, pragmatic approach allows us to see and deliver solutions quickly, driving down costs for our clients.
We are a full-service commercial law firm with over 30 practice and sector areas including corporate & commercial, commercial property, banking and financial services, litigation and dispute resolution, M&A & private equity, energy & natural resources, construction, employment, insolvency & corporate restructuring, intellectual property and inward investment. This breadth of services gives us a rounded view of our clients’ business and legal requirements.
We are recognised as a leading Irish law firm by the top legal directories, Chambers and Partners and Legal 500, and a number of our practices have been consistently awarded as the best in Ireland by the Irish Law Awards.
Ideal Size & Experience:
We believe our size is ideal for Irish business because we are large enough to provide a full range of legal services, while making sure clients work with a consistent and experienced team. Our cross-disciplinary team is respected for taking complex assignments with enthusiasm and creativity. Our continuing growth and practice range ensures our capacity to cover all legal issues for our clients.
Side by side with our clients… We achieve more.