Joaquín Sales is our exclusively recommended Project Finance expert in Spain on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Joaquín directly using the contact details listed above.
Joaquín Sales advises banks, financial institutions and funds, as well as corporations, on all kinds of financing transactions – project finance, acquisition finance, corporate and asset finance – as well as on structured finance transactions and securitisation deals, both domestic and international.
Advising the European Investment Bank on the financing of 2 portfolios of wind farms in Spain (total installed capacity of 194MW), partially backed by a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
He provides guidance to commercial banks, multilateral banks, funds and corporations in the energy, infrastructure and capital markets sectors.
Recent transactions include advising:
- His past on the financing for the construction and launch of two new satellites, with ECA facilities;
- A syndicate of commercial banks on the financing of the Bahía de Bizkaia Gas (BBG) liquefied natural gas terminal;
- The European Investment Bank on the refinancing of two toll roads;
- Commercial banks on the financing of a regasification plant in Spain;
- Financing transport interconnectors in Madrid hospitals and roads;
- Financing of energy projects: wind, photovoltaic and CSP;
- Refinancing of LBOs: acting for senior and mezzanine creditors.