Joaquín Sales advises banks, financial institutions and funds, as well as corporations, on all kinds of financing transactions – project finance, acquisition finance, corporate and asset finance – as well as on structured finance transactions and securitisation deals, both domestic and international.
Advising the European Investment Bank on the financing of 2 portfolios of wind farms in Spain (total installed capacity of 194MW), partially backed by a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
He provides guidance to commercial banks, multilateral banks, funds and corporations in the energy, infrastructure and capital markets sectors.
Recent transactions include advising:
- His past on the financing for the construction and launch of two new satellites, with ECA facilities;
- A syndicate of commercial banks on the financing of the Bahía de Bizkaia Gas (BBG) liquefied natural gas terminal;
- The European Investment Bank on the refinancing of two toll roads;
- Commercial banks on the financing of a regasification plant in Spain;
- Financing transport interconnectors in Madrid hospitals and roads;
- Financing of energy projects: wind, photovoltaic and CSP;
- Refinancing of LBOs: acting for senior and mezzanine creditors.
- Madrid Bar Association.
According to Chambers Europe, “[Joaquín Sales] is recognised by clients as a practical, creative lawyer who displays superior project management skills.” and “is extraordinary from a technical point of view, very senior but always directly involved and extremely pleasant to work with.”
King & Wood Mallesons is a multinational law firm headquartered in Hong Kong. Its predecessor firms included King & Wood, a member of the Red Circle of leading Chinese law firms, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, one of the Big Six leading Australian law firms, and British-headquartered, “Silver Circle” law firm SJ Berwin.