Luca Trevisan is our exclusively recommended Product Liability Litigation expert in Italy on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Luca directly using the contact details listed above.
Luca is a founding partner of Trevisan & Cuonzo and one of the leading names in Italian litigation in the commercial, intellectual property and product liability fields. During a career spanning over 30 years, Luca has handled a number of landmark cases widely reported in the international press. He also has extensive experience in leading and managing multi-jurisdictional trade mark and patent disputes. His domestic and international clients come from a broad cross-section of industries, including pharmaceutical, mechanical, oil and gas, electronics and automotive.
Recent notable cases:
- Successfully assisting one of the biggest world player in the automotive field in an extremely delicate product liability case before a criminal court;
- Successfully defending an Italian renown entity, leader in the energy field, in a complex product liability dispute concerning an allegedly defective trigeneration energy plant;
- Representing and defending a world-famous luxury car manufacturer in various product liability disputes before civil courts;
- Assisting several insurance companies in numerous product liability cases;
- Providing day-to-day legal assistance to an Italian company leader in the field of heating and home boilers regarding IP, product liability and commercial aspects;
- Assisting a key manufacturer of valves and other hydraulic products, for use mainly in the agricultural sector in a complex product liability case;
- Representing a multinational manufacturer of steel-wheels for the railway industry in a product liability case before Italian civil court.
Affiliations & Publications:
Luca is regularly called by Universities to host training courses on Intellectual property and commercial law. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and regularly contributes to international legal journals. Luca is a member of AIPPI, IBA, GRUR and INTA.
“Equipped with experienced and talented attorneys, with both professional and human qualities. Each time, we received efficient support within a short time frame.” ~ The Legal 500, 2020
Trevisan & Cuonzo, established in 1993, is one of the leading independent Italian law firms working with some of the most technologically advanced and innovative businesses and industry leaders around the globe. The firm delivers client focused, industry specific, commercially aligned legal expertise covering a wide range of industrial sectors including electronics, chemical, automotive, food and nutrition, life sciences, telecommunications, media and entertainment, information technology and sports. The firm has established a commanding reputation both domestically and internationally for its success and in-depth business and industry knowledge in intellectual property, commercial and product liability litigation. The firm has a network of offices in Milan, Rome, Parma and Bari.