Karen Baxter is our exclusively recommended Partnership Law expert in England on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Karen directly using the contact details listed above.
Karen represents a number of major law firms and accountancy practices and have extensive experience advising these firms on employment and partnership related matters, especially issues arising from law firm team moves, discrimination complaints and outsourcing. Karen is also head of our Professional Services Sector Group.
Karen is a member of Lewis Silkin’s investigations team and routinely conduct complex and highly sensitive workplace investigations.
Karen helps her clients to deal with any employment law challenges which come their way and aim to make the process as smooth as possible for them. Karen prides herself in taking a pragmatic, commercial and business-focused approach to all of my work. Karen particularly enjoys resolving high value disputes, both before and after the commencement of litigation, including sensitive discrimination cases, whistleblowing claims, and those involving regulatory matters. Karen also advises on workplace restructures, negotiate employment documentation, such as contracts and settlement agreements, and provide training on all of these issues.
My clients include a number of the leading international law firms and LLPs. I regularly advise these organisations in relation to matters such as team moves, the rights and obligations of partners, and partnership disputes. I also act for partners in dispute with their current or former partnership or LLP.
Some recent examples of my work include:
- advising a major law firm on the fall-out following a hotly contested management election
- advising in relation to partnership retirement issues and allegations of age discrimination
- advising a major law firm in relation to an arbitration arising out of a team move
- advising in relation to a partner exit which involved allegations of disability discrimination
- advising a team of partners on their rights and obligations towards their LLP ahead of a planned team move
At Lewis Silkin our ethos is simple. We strive to do the best for our clients, our people and the communities in which we operate.