Chemistry, including pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, life sciences, biotechnology, consumer goods, polymer chemistry, electrochemistry, nanotechnology; organic chemistry including synthesis, cosmetics, construction chemistry, adhesives, materials and inorganic chemistry, including ceramics, semiconductors, coatings, electronic components, metallurgy, alloys, and chemical process engineering, including particularly 3D printing and physical and chemical processes.
- Advice on establishing IP rights portfolios of national and international patents, trademarks and designs
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Enforces property rights in court
- Defense and enforcement of IP rights at trade fairs
- Representation in legal disputes prior to and at trade fairs
- Advice on strategies for the registration of designs and trademarks
- Representation in design matters before the design authorities and courts
- Advice on and preparation of filing and legal dispute strategies in Asia
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
- Advice on matters relating to research, development and licensing agreements
- Establishment of freedom-to-operate opinions
- Preparation of IP due diligence analyses
- Preparation of validity opinions
Degree in Chemistry at the Universities of Bielefeld, Heidelberg and Bristol (UK), doctorate – Many years’ experience in the patent department of an international consumer goods manufacturer – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), epi, VPP, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR), AIPPI, FICPI, Association of German Chemists (GDCh)
Tutor at the Centre d’Études Internationales de la Propriété Industrielle (CEIPI) in Strasbourg and Cologne for European Patent Law. Consultant for patent-related topics in the areas of chemistry and pharmaceuticals – Consultant for trademark-related topics – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.
Our experts in intellectual property rights– everything from a single source
Such to ensure the successful protection of your innovations, our experts work efficiently together in the preparation and filing of intellectual property applications, the monitoring and pursual of intellectual property rights infringements, the defense of intellectual property rights, combating trademark piracy or carrying out patent or trademark searches. At dompatent von Kreisler, you get all these services from a single source. You have direct contact to your trusted attorney and their team.
What can we do for you?
- Your own personal contact
- Sound advice
- Experts in all fields
- Efficient approach
- Prompt execution thanks to direct communication
Our strengths for your benefit
Our patent attorneys are also qualified engineers and scientists. We have experts in all relevant areas of technology and science – from biotechnology and chemistry to electronics and electrical engineering, from mechanical and automotive engineering to gene technology and pharmaceuticals, from nanotechnology, medical technology and process technology to IT, physics and software.
Of course, in addition to patent law, we can also advise and represent you in all matters concerning trademarks, utility models, designs, licence agreements and patent-related competition issues. Our experts are registered German patent attorneys, European patent attorneys, European design attorneys and European trademark attorneys.