Shaun O’Shea is a partner and head of our corporate & commercial team. Shaun works closely with Irish and international business clients across a wide spectrum of industry sectors – including technology, healthcare & life sciences, retail, and hospitality – advising on the full range of business law issues that arise.
Shaun has broad expertise in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, inward investment and general commercial matters.
In addition to his practise as a corporate lawyer, Shaun is a registered Chartered Tax Advisor and CEDR Accredited Mediator.
From 2008 to 2011, Shaun served as Beauchamps’ Managing Partner.
- Owners of Fastway Couriers in its sale to senior management and Irish and multinational-backed investor MML
- Inventum on its purchase of the majority stake in Dublin-based company, Joule Group Limited
- Arachas on the buyout of its Irish business by its senior management
- Ergo on its acquisition of Micromail (software licensing specialist), the sale of its investment in Fenergo and separately on its newest venture, Flowforma
- BDO Development Capital Fund on its €10 million investment in Blueface, the leading Unified Communications-as-a-Service Provider to businesses, enterprises and carriers, and in Cavan-headquartered Obelisk Group
- Angelo Gordon on the sale of the landmark Temple Bar hotel in Dublin to a Singapore fund, having previously advised this client on the purchase of the hotel in 2015
- Elder Healthcare on the sale of Comfort Keepers to Sodexo
- SIMS IVF on the sale of healthcare business to Australian quoted entity, Virtus Health
- PREM Group on the acquisition and financing of three hotels in separate transactions – Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, Blessington Lake, Blessington, Co. Wicklow; Cahernane House Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry; and Leopold Hotel, Sheffield, England
- Vistapointe on its sale to Brocade – a three jurisdiction transaction led out of Dublin as the business had operations in Ireland, US and India
Working side by side with our clients to achieve more.
Beauchamps is one of Ireland’s top full service commercial law firms. We are growing, creative and ambitious with 190 people in our Dublin headquarters.
Beauchamps has been part of the fabric of Irish business for over 200 years. We are proud of our heritage, our culture and our client base, made up of international and domestic companies fuelling Ireland’s economy.
At A Glance:
- Founded: 1803
- Full service commercial law firm
- Based in Dublin, Ireland
- 190 professional staff, 100 lawyers
- 30 practice & sector areas
- At the centre of business in Ireland
- Strong international business networks
We believe clients get better commercial outcomes when their lawyers work alongside them, rather than a step removed. We work hard to understand a client’s commercial priorities, because the best advice and solutions come from knowing what really drives a business.
This hands on, pragmatic approach allows us to see and deliver solutions quickly, driving down costs for our clients.
We are a full-service commercial law firm with over 30 practice and sector areas including corporate & commercial, commercial property, banking and financial services, litigation and dispute resolution, M&A & private equity, energy & natural resources, construction, employment, insolvency & corporate restructuring, intellectual property and inward investment. This breadth of services gives us a rounded view of our clients’ business and legal requirements.
We are recognised as a leading Irish law firm by the top legal directories, Chambers and Partners and Legal 500, and a number of our practices have been consistently awarded as the best in Ireland by the Irish Law Awards.
Ideal Size & Experience:
We believe our size is ideal for Irish business because we are large enough to provide a full range of legal services, while making sure clients work with a consistent and experienced team. Our cross-disciplinary team is respected for taking complex assignments with enthusiasm and creativity. Our continuing growth and practice range ensures our capacity to cover all legal issues for our clients.
Side by side with our clients… We achieve more.