Zenobia du Toit, the director of Miller du Toit Cloete Inc, is assisted by a team of 4 dedicated attorneys, who have a special interest in and passion for Family Law.
She was admitted as an attorney in 1982 and has practiced exclusively in Family Law, human rights and related and commercial law issues from 1998 onwards.
– Was an expert member of the Technical Committee on the Transitional Executive Council at the Multi-Party Negotiating Process, Kempton Park – prepared legislation on committee (April – October 1993)
– Presents various workshops and talks regarding family law matters, developing family law and gender equality, children’s rights, constitutional aspects of family law, and constitutional law, both in South Africa and internationally.
– Co-edited the collection of papers presented at the annual conference (The Trials and Tribulations, Trends and Triumphs: Development in International African and South African Child and Family Law).
– Is a committee member of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and is a member of the Family Law Committee of the IBA where she chairs the sub-committee on the rights of the children. She is a committee member of both the Family Law Committee of the Cape Law Society and the Law Society of South Africa.
– Was appointed in 2013 to the International Working Group at the Hague Conference on Private International Law to develop a guide to good practice on the interpretation and application of Act 13(1)(b) of the 1980 Hague Child Abduction Convention.
Miller du Toit Cloete Inc (MDT) is a specialised Family Law firm dealing exclusively with family law and related constitutional matters.
MDT, in conjunction with the University of the Western Cape, annually host and present a family law conference dealing with developing aspects of family law in South Africa and internationally.
A team of five dedicated attorneys have a special interest in and passion for family law.