Mike Patterson is our exclusively recommended Marine & Cargo Surveying Services expert in South Africa on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Mike directly using the contact details listed above.
Mike formed Patterson & Associates at the end of 1989 in South Africa. Today we have offices in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mozambique.
The object was to provide the local and international marine insurance industry, importers and exporters, Port Authorities and local and international Maritime Law Firms with a specialised marine surveying, loss adjusting, risk assessment and investigative service.
Today the company represents a wide range of clients worldwide.
For example we are survey agents for insurers and insurance brokers in Africa, Europe, the United Kingdom, United States and Australia.
Our survey and investigative work is carried out throughout Southern Africa, East Africa and including Indian Ocean countries i.e. Madagascar / Mauritius / Seychelles / Reunion, etc.
As part of our quick reaction time, in particular in Southern African countries, we have offices in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Maputo, Beira, Harare and Lusaka.
A list of Mike’s services can be found below:
- Marine insurance claim investigations / surveys pertaining to containerised cargo / break-bulk cargo / dry and liquid bulk cargo, etc;
- Marine cargo surveys i.e. condition / verification / quality and quantity;
- Loading and discharge supervision of high value / high volume / high risk cargo;
- Pre-shipment condition / quantity / status surveys;
- Cargo tally and monitoring;
- Project cargos;
- Stock throughput claims;
- Warehouse claims i.e. theft / fire damage / water damage, etc;
- Storage risk assessments;
- Cargo truck hi-jackings;
- Tracing & Recoveries;
- Arbitrations concerning sales contract claims falling outside the scope of marine cargo insurance cover.