Mike Patterson formed Patterson & Associates at the end of 1989 in South Africa. Today we have offices in Durban and Johannesburg (SA) and also in Zimbabwe and Zambia.
The object was to provide the local and international marine insurance industry, importers and exporters, Port Authorities and local and international Maritime Law Firms with a specialised marine surveying, loss adjusting, risk assessment and investigative service.
Today the company represents a wide range of clients worldwide.
For example we are survey agents for insurers and insurance brokers in Africa, Europe, the United Kingdom, USA and Australia.
Our survey and investigative work is carried out throughout Southern Africa, East Africa and including Indian Ocean countries i.e. Madagascar/Mauritius/Seychelles/Reunion etc.
As part of our quick reaction time, in particular in Southern African countries, we have satellite offices in Harare, Zimbabwe and in Lusaka & Ndola, Zambia.
- Marine insurance claim investigations/surveys pertaining to containerised cargo/break-bulk cargo/dry and liquid bulk cargo etc.
- Marine cargo surveys i.e. condition/verification/quality and quantity.
- Loading and discharge supervision of high value/high volume/high risk cargo.
- Pre-shipment condition/quantity/status surveys.
- Cargo tally and monitoring.
- Project cargos.
- Stock throughput claims.
- Warehouse claims i.e. theft/fire damage/water damage etc.
- Storage risk assessments.
- Cargo truck hi-jackings.
- Tracing & Recoveries.
- Arbitrations concerning sales contract claims falling outside the scope of marine cargo insurance cover.
We have satellite offices in Zimbabwe and Zambia.