Rajani Gupta represents banks and other financial institutions as lenders and strategic investors, as well as private equity funds and corporations as borrowers in domestic and international financing’s, including financing’s of mergers and acquisitions, debtor-in-possession and exit financing’s, first and second lien financing’s and working capital and asset-based financing’s.
Rajani was recently recognized as one of New York Law Journal’s Rising Stars of 2017 and in the annual list of “Top 40 under 40” lawyers in the Daily Journal. In addition, she was ranked by Chambers USA, who noted that Rajani is a “go-to finance attorney” due to her “quality of expertise and level of work,” with clients stating “that she is really up to speed on the market.” Clients say “she’s great at representing you, she’s good at fighting for things you need but never leaves people on the other side of the table feeling disrespected.”
Recent experience includes advising:
- The lead arrangers on a USD3.7bn debt financing package for Brookfield Business Partners’ acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company, a leading global provider of infrastructure services to the power generation industry.
- The lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with their underwriting and arranging senior syndicated credit facilities totaling USD1.65bn to Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital Private Equity in connection with the financing of the merger of Zelis Healthcare and RedCard Systems.
- The lead arrangers on a USD1.295bn acquisition financing and the initial purchasers on a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of USD350m aggregate principal amount of 8.500% senior notes due 2026 to finance the acquisition of Hearthside Food Solutions by Partners Group (USA) Inc. and Charlesbank Capital Partners.
- The joint physical bookrunners and lead arrangers on a EUR515m cross-border first-lien financing for TPG Capital-backed Beaver-Visitec International Holdings, Inc.’s acquisition of PhysIOL Group SA and intercreditor arrangements relating to a USD75m second lien financing.
- The lead arrangers and administrative agent on a USD200m term loan B and USD35m revolving credit facility to refinance, in part, the acquisition of Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants by Ares Management affiliates.
- The joint lead arrangers and bookrunners on the USD310m refinancing of existing debt of CoolSys, Inc., a portfolio company of Ares Management Corporation.
Allen & Overy is a global law firm that helps the world’s leading businesses to grow, innovate and thrive. For almost a century, we have built a reputation for our commitment to think ahead and bring original solutions to our clients’ most complex legal and commercial challenges.
At a time of significant turbulence in the business world, we are determined to help our clients embrace change, confidently expand into new markets and keep on top of ever-more complicated regulatory frameworks.
To do this, we will harness our global strength and local knowledge. We will drive towards our vision to become the world’s most innovative law firm. And we will continue to create an environment where the brightest minds can flourish.
Discover how we are positioning ourselves – and our clients – for the future.