Holly Silver, Esq. is President of Holly A. Silver, P.C., a U.S. and global employment law consulting company. Prior to founding the firm, Ms. Silver was Senior Employment Law Counsel for Philip Morris International in Switzerland, where she created and managed a global employment law practice involving 75,000 employees in 160 countries.
Ms. Silver’s experience also includes working with companies such as Nestlé USA, Inc., McDonnell-Douglas Corporation and Marriott Corporation, providing overall management of the U.S. employment law function, including human resource counseling, executive advice, training, reorganizations, policy implementation and litigation.
Ms. Silver earned her J.D. degree at Georgetown University Law Center and a B.A. at Mount Holyoke College, where she graduated magna cum laude. A member of the New York, California and District of Columbia Bars, she has held membership and officer positions in numerous professional organizations, including Chairperson of the Equal Employment Advisory Council (Legal/HR Representatives from more than 300 corporations) and 2012-2013 Vice-Chair of the International Corporate Counsel Committee of the American Bar Association of International Law. She has also presented on various topics at the Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meetings and prepared/delivered over 200 HR and management training programs throughout her career.
With over 30 years of in-house employment law experience, which includes a unique blend of U.S. and international labor law, Ms. Silver and her company provide a rare corporate employment law perspective.
Ms. Silver’s accomplishments includes:
- Fellow of the American Bar Association (limited to less than 1% of lawyers licensed to practice in each state
- Recent recipient of Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award for 2018 Labor and Employment Lawyer in the U.S.
- One of the first attorneys worldwide to establish a global in-house employment law practice
- Creation of a U.S. and global corporate employment reorganization process, and handling of numerous corporate employee restructurings worldwide
- Publication of recent article “Preventing Sexual Harassment Before the Storm”
With over 30 years of in-house employment law experience, which includes a unique blend of a U.S. and international background, Ms. Silver and her firm provide a rare corporate employment law perspective.
Holly A. Silver, P.C., is a U.S. and global employment law firm based in New York City which advises companies on all types of U.S. and international employment law issues, including, but not limited to, discrimination, harassment, performance management, corporate restructuring, hiring and terminations.
- Advice on all global and U.S. employment law issues
- Investigations of executive and other sensitive human resources matters, including sexual harassment
- Analysis of employment law issues and due diligence in corporate acquisitions, divestitures and restructuring
- Training of management and human resources on a variety of global employment law topics, including sexual harassment, discrimination, management of employment law mistakes and other compliance issues
- Cross-border employment law projects such as preparation and roll-out of multiple-country policies
- U.S. and international employment law audits to assess whether the minimum employment law standards are being met and providing recommendations for appropriate solutions to minimize legal risk and assist with implementing the solutions
- Interpretation of local laws of other countries into terms U.S. corporate management can apply to business discussions
- Assistance with the selection of law firms internationally to maximize global synergy, and working with the firms on specific issues to ensure that the company is getting the most realistic and practical legal advice