Nasirud Doulah is our exclusively recommended Financial and Infrastructure Law expert in Bangladesh on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Nasirud directly using the contact details listed above.
With a work experience over fifteen years Mr. Doulah is a leading personality for corporate and finance law matters in the region. Project finance and Documentary Credit are his stressed areas and he has advised in a number of major projects in energy / infrastructure sectors. He has also established himself as an authority in the fields of project development with extensive PPP / infrastructure transaction advisory expertise. He is also an asset/lease finance expert and acts for all major aviation and lease finance corporations of the world including GECAS, Aercape (ILFC) etc. With extensive knowledge in capital and money markets, Mr. Doulah represents a handful number of global institutional investors in Bangladesh including Citibank, Morgan Stanley, Blackrock, etc. Fintech clients include Ant Financial, Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc.
Nasirud Doulah possesses a market leading practice in M&A and attends major M&A matters in Bangladesh. In 2008 under instructions of World Bank and IFC he acted as a key researcher to compare local corporate governance standards and practices with its OECD counterparts which was later released as a corporate governance assessment report by World Bank. Mr. Doulah is a member of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Tax and AML Research teams and an accredited Lexis author with numerous publications. Some major transactional highlights are provided below.
- Acted as local legal counsel for IFC and Excelerate Energy in project development and financing aspects of the first LNG terminal (FSRU) project in Bangladesh at Maheshkhali;
- Acted in major M&As including SZSE / SSE acquisition of Dhaka Stock Exchange, Holcim/Lafarge Merger, Microsoft acquisition of Nokia, Zhenhua’s $2bn bid for three gas fields, Ophir acquisition of Santos assets and merger with Medco, AES acquisition of Covanta power assets and so on;
- Has been acting in major PPP / infrastructure development projects including all toll road PPPs i.e. First Dhaka Elevated / Dhaka Bypass / RAD Expressways, Payra Port (for JDN), 2nd Kanchpur / Meghna / Gumti Bridges, South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Road and so on;
- Acted for sponsors / lenders in project development of major economic zones including Chinese Economic Zone at Anwara and China-Bangladesh Iron & Steel Production Zone;
- So far structured and developed over seventy-eight power projects including clients like General Electric, Blackstone, Golar Power, AES, El Paso, CMEC etc;
- Acted as Lender’s Counsel for IFC, European Investment Bank, Islamic Development Bank, China Exim Bank, China Development Bank, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China in a number of infrastructure / power projects. Acting for SInosure in three large coal fired power projects;
- Acted for all of the latest gas exploration PSC contract awardees including ONGC, OIL, POSCO and Daewoo.