Akram Sheikh is our exclusively recommended Human Rights Law expert in Pakistan on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Akram directly using the contact details listed above.
- Admitted as an Advocate in 1973
- Admitted to Supreme Court practice in 1981
- Senior Advocate Supreme Court of Pakistan since 1993 (title equivalent to Queens Council in the UK)
Akram Sheikh Law Associates is one of the most prominent and prestigious law firm in Pakistan.
The firm was formed in 1974 by its founding member Mohammad Akram Sheikh. Mr. Sheikh was bestowed the title of Senior Advocate in 1993 for his services to the legal fraternity and an outstanding assistance to Supreme Court of Pakistan. He has also been the former President of Supreme Court Bar Association. In the book titled “Encyclopedia of Commercial Litigation” published by Kluwer, he scribed chapter of Pakistan.
Akram Sheikh Law Associates has a long established reputation as the corporate and commercial litigation law firm, offering extensive range of services to diverse clientele including multinationals, financial institutions, public and private sector bodies, entrepreneurs and individuals.
- Safia Bibi vs. the State, the case of a blind girl, victim of rape case giving birth to a child & convicted to whipping and prison sentence, and acquitted by Federal Shariat Court, declaring it contrary even to Sharia Law (1983 Case)
- In 1998,Supreme Court, declaring the Military Courts unconstitutional, in “Sheikh Liaqat Hussain’s case”
- Prosecuting Military dictator Gen. Pervaiz Musharraf for, abrogating Fundamental Rights under the guise of Emergency Plus in 2007