Olayemi Anyanechi is the Managing Partner of Sefton Fross. She has 20 years’ indelible experience and is internationally renowned for her diligence, her expertise and deep seated experience advising on corporate and project finance, derivatives, Islamic finance, mergers and acquisitions as well as energy and infrastructure law.
She is an erudite speaker who has spoken in many conferences and workshops round the globe and a prolific writer who has written on diverse issues of law.
Olayemi plays a very active role in the Nigerian law reform and is currently the Facilitator of the Finance Working Group of NASSBER with the responsibility for technical review of Bills for the Financial sector.
- 2013 – Present Managing Partner, Sefton Fross
- 2006 – 2012 Senior Partner, Templars
- 2005 – 2006 General Counsel Sahara Energy Group
- 2003 – 2005 Senior Counsel, Olaniwun Ajayi LLP
- 1999 – 2002 MBC International Bank Limited (Now part of First Bank of Nigeria)
- Ongoing M.Sc Finance – School of Oriental and African Studies, UK
- 2003 LL.M, Wolfson College, University of Cambridge,
- 1998 Admitted to the Nigerian Bar
- 1996 LL.B University of Ibadan (Best Graduating Student)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer, Financial & Corporate IFLR1000, 2018
- Leading Individual, Banking, Finance and Capital Markets – Legal500, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Energy & Infrastructure Law, IFLR 1000, 2017
- Leading Lawyer, Banking & Finance – Chambers and Partner 2017
- Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Energy, Natural Resources & Projects
- Structured Finance and Derivatives
- Islamic Finance
Affiliations & Appointments:
- Chairman, Mergers, Acquisition & Corporate Reorganisation Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association – Section of Business Law
- Facilitator, Finance Working Group, National Assembly Business Environment Roundtables (NASSBER)
- Member, National Assembly Technical Committee for Financial Law Reform
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
Law Firm Overview:
SEFTON FROSS is a full-service law firm in Lagos, Nigeria.
We consistently provide hands-on legal services that are excellent, innovative and bespoke to financial institutions, domestic and multinational corporations, SMEs, private equity firms, private investors, and governmental agencies on transaction structuring, legal due diligence, documentation and negotiation, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
We are well-versed in domestic and international business arrangements, and our lawyers work tenaciously to negotiate, structure and document transactions in all forms. Our lawyers bring to the transaction table a combination of deep industry knowledge and expert perspectives from other industries on the challenges at stake, to offer our clients fresh perspectives and breakthrough business insights.
At Sefton Fross, our perennial goal is to exceed the expectations of our client, and we consistently achieve our team-based approach in addressing the needs of our clients.
Our core areas of practice are all aspects of Banking and Finance (including insurance and financial services), Corporate & Commercial law (including Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity), Energy, Natural Resources and Projects (including oil and gas, electricity and mining) Construction, Real Estate and Infrastructure Law.