From 2006, Madalin Enache extensively and exclusively practised in high-level white-collar criminal cases, acquiring first-class professional expertise in some of the most difficult and media-scrutinised criminal investigations and trials, being known in the field as one of the highest skilled practitioners, building a solid reputation as a leading criminal law attorney, acknowledged and recognised by clients and global legal publications (Chambers Europe, The Legal 500, etc.).
Mădălin counselled, assisted and represented renowned international and Romanian corporate clients, key figure businessmen and executives and high-profile politicians involved in a wide range of cases in front of the criminal investigation authorities or courts of law, at the highest level of jurisdictions, having as object mainly corruption cases, financial and fiscal frauds, embezzlements of public/EU funds, money laundering, abuse of office, etc.
Due to his practical and business-focused approach, Mădălin is a valued lecturer on criminal law topics, having also published several specialised articles, in national and international publications, on different relevant topics in the criminal domain, especially in the areas of anti-bribery and money laundering.
- A top global mineral resources holding company (UK-based) – a corruption investigation in relation to Romania’s biggest copper mining operation, involving politicians, judges and executives, as well as international links and procedures, the illegal benefits avoided being evaluated at EUR 1 billion.
- World’s e-Commerce leader (USA-based) – an international investigation and national court trial of the biggest security breach of its internal systems and usage of employee credentials by a Romanian national, the claimed prejudice exceeding USD 7.5 million.
- The two European leaders of the cement industry – various criminal investigation files, out of which stand out the international criminal investigation of the biggest theft of EUA (GES) certificates, amounting to EUR 24 million, and the illegal misappropriation by a local community of its production facilities and quarry, with a prejudice of over EUR 3 million.
- A global leader in high-tech rolling stock and rail solutions (based in Spain) – corruption charges against public authority officials and corporate representatives regarding public acquisition procedures in excess of over EUR 300 million.
- An influential business man – one of the most complex real estate corruption cases investigated by DNA, with an estimated prejudice exceeding EUR 300 million, involving Senators, State and local officials, businessmen and other persons, accused of organising a complex network of influence peddling and bribery for illegally obtaining (and laundering) financial benefits from the restitution of a large forest plot.
- A former Minister of the Romanian Government – charges of receiving bribe, traffic of influence, abuse of power, money laundering, etc. in his capacity of public official (Mayor and Senator), with prejudice and illegal benefits exceeding EUR 2 million.
- A Romanian MEP (member of the European Parliament) – charges of conflict of interests, dismissed by the High Court of Cassation and Justice.
- A former personal Counsellor to a Minister of the Romanian Government – high profile corruption investigation and trial regarding important amounts of money used for elections financing (EUR millions), involving former State ministers, senators, other State officials and businessmen.
- An important bank and financial services provider in south-east Europe (Greece-based) – compliance and regulatory activities in antibribery and anti-money laundering matters, following a series of criminal files from which resulted several business exposures for the Client (preparing internal assessment report, drafting proposals for modification of internal regulations and procedures, training sessions with main responsible persons – top and middle level management).