With experience across a broad spectrum of industries and a proven track record at giving clear, constructive advice to stakeholders, Phil’s reputation for results precedes him. His history in finance and ACIB qualification have permitted him to provide successful restructuring and turnaround advice to both companies and financiers for many years.
- Began his career in 1979 as a corporate banker with Barclays
- Moved to Hill Samuel/TSB in 1991 to head up the National Corporate Restructuring and Recovery team which included 250 managers.
- Partner for Horwath Clarke Whitehill & Co; Tenon and Begbies Traynor.
- Jointly founded Moorfields Advisory Ltd. in 2008 (formerly known as RSM Bentley Jennison & Co LLP).
- Northern Based Print Group 500 Staff, £30m turnover. Advised bank on exit strategy and subsequent administration.
- ISL Group of Companies UK arm of ISL, the FIFA marketing agency, dealt with film rights to World Cup Tournaments.
- Candlemaker £25m turnover, 15 branches throughout the UK.
- Chemical plant £30m turnover, chemical plant in Castleford. 300 acre site, 400staff, £11m secured debt.
- National Engineering Group £40m turnover group and market leader. Advised lender prior to their lend and also subsequently re turnaround strategy.
- Carpet manufacturer Carpet manufacturer based in Barnsley, 200 employees, £25m turnover.
- Southern Based Pub Group Advised management team regarding restructure of this 15 pub chain.
- German Nickel company Transfer of Comi from German to UK. Coin manufacturing company based in Ruhr, CVA in Germany. Bond holder owed £300m.
- Retail Group Reviewed major retailer for lender and dealt with the insolvency including business sale.
At Moorfields, we understand that any business – no matter what its size – can experience a reversal in fortune. We also know that when things are taking a turn for the worse, innovative thinking is as important to your survival as capital. And that’s exactly what we offer.
We’re business owners ourselves, so we know all about the pressures of trying to keep your stakeholders happy. We’ve also got years of experience in the world of finance, so we know a thing or two about keeping companies afloat.
But our innovative thinking isn’t just about expert business advice. It’s about breaking the mould of insolvency and rescue practitioners: helping you through your problems, treating you like a human being, and actually understanding exactly what you’re facing.
We’ll never surprise you with last-minute charges, because our fees are totally transparent (and actually quite affordable). We’ll also never try to force you into a one-size-fits-all solution. Because we get it: your business is unique.
Finally, we’ll never back out when the going gets really tough. We do what we say we’ll do. And whatever happens with your business, we’ll be here to help you every step of the way.