Katrina Morrison specialises in Corporate matters and has international experience in general corporate and corporate finance work including private equity and M&A transactions.
Prior to moving to the Middle East, Katrina was with another leading international law firm where she spent four years working in the UK.
– advising GL events, a Euronext Paris listed entity on the acquisition of a majority interest in two UAE based events companies – Wicked Tents LLC and Flow Solutions & Power LLC
– advising Abu Dhabi Financial Group on the sale of Integrated Capital and Integrated Securities from Integrated Financial Group to Shuaa Capital
– advising a UAE tech investor on its A/B shareholder arrangements and ongoing capital raise
– advising the Government of the Republic of Somaliland in respect of:
– the ongoing relationship and legal requirements in respect of their 30 year concession and joint venture arrangements with DP World for the management and development of the Port of Berbera, and
– the establishment of a free zone in cooperation with DP World
– advising credit ratings agency Moody’s Corp on the UAE employment aspects of its $3.3bn acquisition of Dutch financial information provider Bureau van Dijk.
Katrina is a dual-qualified Associate in the Corporate team in Dubai, having joined the firm in March 2017. She is a Law graduate of the University of Aberdeen. She qualified in Scotland in 2014 and was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2016.
Understanding exactly what each of our clients needs and wants lies at the heart of our approach to law. We take a long term view and we take time to understand the distinct demands that each client faces. This allows us to build a bespoke service to suit each relationship. Our approach means that we are consistent in the standard of excellence we bring to our service and flexible enough to build into each relationship value that is meaningful for each client. We believe that one size does not fit all when it comes to adding value to client relationships.