After graduation from McGill University in Montreal, Canada with a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering with Great Distinction in 1976, Mr. Paul K.C. Chan furthered his studies in law and obtained his Juris Doctor Degree from University of Toronto in 1979 and was admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in Ontario, Canada in 1981, and as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 1984 and in England and Wales in 1988, and as a barrister and solicitor of the Australian Capital Territory in 1991, and an advocate and solicitor of Singapore in 1995. He became a China Appointed Attesting Officer in 1995, a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in 1996, a Notary Public in Hong Kong in 1997, HKIAC Accredited Mediator in 1999, HKCAC Accredited Construction Adjudicator in 2014 and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in 2016.
Mr. Paul K.C. Chan first started his practice as a solicitor in Hong Kong in January 1984 and became a partner of one of the leading law firms in Hong Kong in February 1986. He continued to pursue his career in the legal field and moved on to start his own firm in 1992 under the firm name of Paul K. C. Chan & Partners., Solicitors and Notaries. Mr. Paul K.C. Chan has extensive experiences in construction law contracts and litigation, land development and commercial matters.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (McGill) (1976) (Great Distinction)
- Juris Doctor (Tor.) (1979)
Professional Qualifications & Memberships:
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ontario, Canada (1981), Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong (1984), Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales (1988), Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Australian Capital Territory (1991) and Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1995)
- China Appointed Attesting Officer (1995)
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (1996)
- Notary Public, Hong Kong (1997)
- HKIAC Accredited Mediator (1999)
- Arbitrator of Hui Zhou Arbitration Commission
- HKCAC Accredited Construction Adjudicator (2014)
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2016)
Paul K. C. Chan & Partners consists of an energetic team of professionally-minded staff headed by lawyers who have been admitted to practice in Hong Kong, Canada, England, Australian Capital Territory and/or Singapore, and provides good and professional quality works and services in Construction and Commercial Disputes; Corporate and Commercial Matters; Intellectual Properties; Corporate Finance and Securities; Immigration, Estate Planning and Trust; Divorce and Probate Practice; and Company Secretarial and Ancillary Services.