Lee Mendelsohn is ENSafrica’s Chief Operating Officer. Prior to assuming her current role, Lee successfully headed the firm’s competition department since its establishment in 1998.
As COO, Lee oversees the running of ENSafrica’s firm-wide business support operations, including marketing, business intelligence, IT and finance.
- Chambers and Partners Global Guide 2017, 2016, 2015 – Competition (South Africa)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2017, 2016, 2015 – Leading Lawyer (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2017, 2016, 2015 – Competition (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2017, 2016 – Competition/Anti-trust (South Africa)
- Euromoney Expert Guides – Guide to the World’s Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers 2016 (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2015 Expert – Competition (South Africa)
- BCom (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (cum laude) (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
What matters in today’s business environment are fast turnaround times and cost-effective solutions. ENSafrica is Africa’s largest law firm, with over 600 practitioners, and 100 years of experience in high-level, complex commercial work. The firm’s focus is on “what’s best for the client” and striving for excellence, in both offering and service. ENSafrica is committed to providing clients with cost-effective outcomes by ensuring work is done at the right level, and in the manner that best suits clients’ preferences and pricing structures.
While many recognise the unique opportunities for trade, investment and growth that Africa represents, predicting in-country and across region risks is not easy, particularly given the rate of exponential change impacting multiple indicators, whether economic, political, technological or social. ENSafrica is an independent law firm with fully integrated offices across Southern, West and East Africa and Mauritius. The firm offers clients many years’ accumulated know-how and solid experience, whether doing business in-country or cross-continent, helping to minimise risk and leverage business opportunities across Africa.
ENSafrica has lawyers qualified to practise English, French and OHADA law, as well as practitioners who are fluent in African and international languages, including Mandarin, Cantonese, French and Portuguese. The firm also has dedicated China and India practice groups, which focus on the African strategies of these countries.
Through the financial services centre of Mauritius, ENSafrica also offers a unique possibility to integrate all aspects of structuring clients’ investments in relation to all commercial areas of law, tax, IP and fiduciary.