Suharsanto Raharjo is our exclusively recommended Commercial Dispute Resolution expert in Indonesia on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Suharsanto directly using the contact details listed above.
Suharsanto is our litigation Partner, and he handles commercial dispute resolutions for clients of the Firm. He has represented clients in a variety of disputes such civil/commercial disputes representing claimants or respondents, manpower disputes representing employers or employees, state administrative disputes, bankruptcy and reorganisation matters, anti-competition cases, and intellectual property rights disputes. He also has extensive experience in corporate crime and internal investigations.
He represents clients from various industry sectors such as mining, oil and gas, energy, pharmaceutical, property, plantation, and fast-moving-consumer-good companies.
The following is the list of his notable cases:
- assisted a Japanese style restaurant chain in Indonesia in relation to its intellectual property claim;
- represented an Indonesian gas trader in an arbitration dispute before the Singapore International Arbitration Centre;
- represented a Japanese clothing brand in relation to its dispute with former employees;
- represented an Indonesian foreign investment coal mining company in relation to its administrative dispute against Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal Indonesia;
- represented a Japanese rubber plantation company in conducting internal investigation on its employees for the possibility of fraud or embezzlement;
- represented a Japanese tire manufacturer company in anti-monopoly investigation and proceedings by the Komisi Pengawas Persaingan Usaha; and
- represented a multi-national shipyard, shipbuilder and docks in Indonesia in relation to the bankruptcy proceedings filed by one of its vendors.
Suharsanto Raharjo graduated from Faculty of Law at the University of Indonesia in 2007. He is a licensed Advocate and a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association. He is also a licensed Mediator from Pusat Mediasi Nasional.
AKSET was founded in 2010 with the intention of synthesising international standard legal services and local expertise. Each of the founders had studied or worked abroad, so they were uniquely suited to provide foreign and domestic clients both an inward and an outward view on investing and operating in Indonesia.
From a small group of four partners and two associates in 2010, to a team of 40 lawyers in 2020, AKSET’s growth has exceeded even our own expectations. We continue to grow because we deliver satisfaction – clients trust us, and they trust our work.