Nikos Papachristopoulos joined the Firm in 1995 and is Joint Head of the Banking, Finance & Capital Markets and Corporate and M&A Groups. He is a recognised expert in primary listings and secondary offerings of securities and acquisitions and takeovers of listed companies.
He has been heavily involved in numerous privatizations of State-owned companies and the recapitalization of the Greek systemic banks since 2012.
Nikos has vast experience advising on the structuring and financing of mergers and acquisitions, including take-over bids, corporate reorganisations and restructurings.
– Top Tier recognition in the Legal 500 EMEA 2018
– Top Band recognition in Chambers Europe Guide 2018
– Top Band recognition in Chambers Global Guide 2018
– Top Tier rankings in The IFLR 1000 2018
– Top Tier recognition in the Legal 500 EMEA 2017
– Top Band rankings in Chambers Europe Guide 2017
– Top Band recognition in Chambers Global Guide 2017
– Top Tier Rankings in The IFLR 1000 2017
– Top Band rankings in Chambers Europe Guide 2016
– Top Tier recognition in The Legal 500 EMEA 2016
– Top Band recognition in Chambers Global Guide 2016
– Top Tier Rankings in The IFLR 1000 2016
A History Of Excellence:
Bernitsas Law was founded in 1946 by Marinos Bernitsas and over the years, under the leadership of Panayotis Bernitsas, became a frontrunner in the Greek legal market. Its history of involvement in major events which shaped Greece’s legal and regulatory framework have cemented the Firm’s prominence. These include the accession of Greece to the European Community, the liberalization of the main industries, privatization of the major State-owned operators, establishment of global brands in Greece and foreign direct investment in the banking, capital markets, project finance and real estate sectors. We continue to be at the forefront of shaping of Greece’s legislative and regulatory framework.