Multifaceted bilingual international attorney, licensed to practice in both the U.S. and Colombia, Marcela Cristina Blanco is knowledgeable and experienced in international business transactions and cross-border disputes.
Fluent in Spanish and English, Ms. Blanco counsels corporate clients in governance, entity formation, and relevant local and international jurisdictional regulations and heads the Diaz Reus Bogotá office.
Experienced in partnership transactions, shareholder meetings, customs issues, and legal research, Ms. Blanco is skilled in drafting commercial contracts such as supply, service, sales, distribution, licensing, and inter-company agreements.
She is also a skilled adviser and negotiator in international contract disputes, and represents Diaz Reus clients in international and domestic litigation and arbitration in Colombia and the U.S.
She has co-authored several chapters on “Business Crime in Colombia” for the International Comparative Legal Guide to Business Crime, published by Global Legal Group, Ltd., London.
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas, JD
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia, Master in Corporate Law
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia, LL.B
- U.S. District Court of Kansas
Areas of Practice
- Business & Finance Transactions
- Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Securities
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Personal & Business Services
- Regulatory Compliance
Certifications & Specializations
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 8th Annual Latinoamericano Arbitration Conference
- Fecoljuegos Trade Fair: Federación Colombiana De Empresarios De Casions Y Bingos
- Latinvex Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers 2017 and 2018, Arbitration & Litigation