Peter Pender-Cudlip is our exclusively recommended Asset Recovery Services expert in the United Arab Emirates on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Peter directly using the contact details listed above.
Peter is a co-owner and founder of GPW and sits on the board of directors. Based in Dubai, Peter has over 17 years of experience in global investigations and intelligence gathering. During that time, he has acted for sovereign entities, major corporations, financial institutions, law firms, insolvency practitioners and litigation funders providing a wide range of investigative and asset tracing services in relation to international and local litigation and arbitration, fraud and insurance claims, insolvencies and restructurings and other critical corporate and investment situations.
Peter is recommended by Who’s Who Legal as a ‘Global Leader in Asset Recovery’ and won Lexology’s ‘Client Choice Award for Asset Recovery UAE, 2020.’
Recent work includes:
- Global asset tracing on behalf of an investor enforcing a multi-million arbitration award against a Sovereign state
- Global and local asset investigations into debtors for major financial institutions and corporations
- Procurement fraud investigation on behalf of a major Gulf corporation
- Investigation for an international bank into a fraudulent borrower including tracing the proceeds of the fraud from India to Singapore, Mauritius, Dubai and various offshore jurisdictions
- Working for insurers, re-insurers, banks and their legal teams investigating major insurance claims in the commodities sector and advising on recovery actions
- Acting for liquidators and their advisers in recoveries against former company shareholders and directors
- Asset due diligence and enforcement for litigation funders.
He studied law at Oxford University and is a qualified solicitor and former banker. Peter also serves as GPW’s Chief Compliance Officer.
Founded in 2004, GPW is a leading global consultancy specialising in investigations, disputes and political risk. We anticipate and mitigate risk for our clients’ businesses. Our expertise is complementary to legal and financial advisors. We provide actionable information and analysis to support our clients in significant transactions, disputes and milestone corporate decisions. We are a market-leading provider of disputes and investigative consulting to the world’s top litigators, arbitration specialists and in-house general counsel. We have worked on large-scale disputes, asset and fraud investigations – including state level embezzlement of funds, asset stripping, and insider fraud. Our clients include sovereign entities, major corporations, financial institutions (including multilateral development banks and sovereign wealth funds), law firms, asset managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.