Bruce Horowitz is our exclusively recommended Anti-Corruption Law expert in Ecuador on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Bruce directly using the contact details listed above.
Bruce is actively involved in pro-bono work:
- Founder, and participant along with many other volunteer attorneys, in award-winning ABA International U.S. Lawyers Abroad Community Outreach Program (2010 – present), that so far has involved ABA member attorneys in (1) meetings with groups of immigrant students, (2) serving in a soup kitchen, and (3) blood drive.
- Pro bono trainings of law students, accounting and auditing graduate students, student teachers, and business graduate students in anti-corruption and anti-extortion methods (2006 – present)
- Advice, negotiations and drafting for government/private educational institution agreement on rights, use, and profits from Ecuadorian biodiversity
- Legal support for the creation of the first ecotourism joint venture between Ecuadorian and foreign environmental protection NGO’s
- Work with local legal services NGO and environmental NGO to create the first Ecological Easement in Ecuador
- Co-founder and first President of an NGO that protected Quito’s largest forested park from dismemberment by powerful private interests
- Partial, and then full pro bono project to successfully register and legally protect Ecuador’s first Denomination of Origin, MONTECRISTI, to protect the hat weavers of the world’s finest straw hats and other workers of the Montecristi region of Ecuador.
- Successful IP protection of the name and image of Mohandas K. Gandhi from being used and registered by a rice merchant in Ecuador.
- Ongoing successful protection against the use and registration as a trademark of PANAMA HAT, based on PAMANA HAT being recognised as an Ecuadorian geographical indication. (1997 – present). Partial financial support by an anonymous donor.
Paz Horowitz Abogados is widely regarded as one of Ecuador’s leading law firms.
Our recognition obeys to our professionals commitment to excellence, ethical and cost-effective legal service provided to our national and international clients.
Whether for a multinational company, an international NGO or a family business, the Law Firm provides legal advice and knowledge needed to fulfil clients’ goals.
In 1991, the Law Firm was founded by Jorge Paz Durini and Bruce Horowitz Rossen.
Currently new partners and associates are part of the Law Firm. Our efficient professional team, is always innovating in our services, facilities and technology required for a better and accurate service for our clients.