Pinsent Masons is an international law firm which specialises in the energy, infrastructure, financial services, real estate and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. The law firm ranks among the top hundred law firms in the world by turnover.
Pinsent has announced 17 new partners in its 2020 promotion round as it promotes outside of traditional legal services for the first time.
Hayley Boxall has been made partner in Forensic Accounting Services while director of Client Solutions David Halliwell has also been promoted to partner as the firm strengthens its capabilities as a professional services business with law at its core.
The remaining 15 new partners are from the firm’s five core global sectors; Energy, Financial Services, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Advanced Manufacturing & Technology.
The promotions, which take effect on 1 May, bring the total number of partners to 474 with female representation across the partnership reaching approximately 28%.
This year, almost half of those promoted are women signalling the firm’s continued progress towards a position where promotions demographics reflect the pool from which candidates are drawn.
Pinsent was one of the first law firms to establish an in-house forensic accounting team, offering clients a multi-disciplinary approach to disputes, consultancy services and investigations.
The full list of partner promotions can be found below:
- Dawn Allen (Financial Services, UK)
- Hayley Boxall (Forensic and Accounting Services, UK)
- Matthew Brewer (Financial Services, UK)
- Andrew Brydon (AMT, Infrastructure, UK)
- Oliver Crowley (Financial Services, UK)
- David Halliwell (Client Solutions, UK)
- Gemma Kaplan (Financial Services, UK)
- David Lancaster (Advanced Manufacturing & Technology, UK)
- Nick McDonald (Energy, Real Estate, UK)
- Ann-Marie Salmacis (Real Estate, UK)
- Michael Smith (Real Estate, UK)
- Alasdair Weir (Energy, infrastructure, UK)
- Kathryn Wynn (Financial Services, UK)
As the partner leading Client Solutions, David Halliwell works with a wide range of professionals across the firm to help clients transform the way they deliver legal services to their businesses, both through the firm’s existing portfolio of process, resourcing and technology solutions and through collaboration to create new ones.