Davison Kanokanga SC AA ARB CIArb is the Senior and Founding Partner of Kanokanga & Partners. He is also the Head of the firm’s Arbitration Practice Group. Davison as he is affectionately known has over the 30 years that he has practised law handled many large and complex arbitration matters both as counsel for one of the parties to the arbitral proceedings as well as an arbitrator. Coming soon is Davison Kanokanga’s book entitled “Commercial Arbitration In Zimbabwe”.
Davison’s main areas of interest include: aviation law, cross-border transactions, commercial law, company law, construction law, investment law, international trade, media and technology law, telecommunications law and procurement law.
Davison is also a member and affiliated to the following associations and or bodies:
- Commercial Arbitration Centre (Zimbabwe)
- Law Society of Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
- Association of Arbitrators (Southern Africa) NPC (South Africa)
- The Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (AFSA) (South Africa)
- LCIA-MIAC Arbitration Centre (Mauritius)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (United Kingdom)
- International Council For Commercial Arbitration
He also sits on the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal with two High Court Judges and one senior lawyer. Davison has travelled extensively and gained valuable connections regionally, continentally and internationally. He was the first Zimbabwean fellow on the International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) program during which time he was placed at one of London’s leading law firms, Lovells LLP which later became Hogan Lovells LLP on a skills exchange programme funded by amongst other law firms, Clifford Chance, Linklaters, SJ Berwin and Eversheds. He was also of the first Zimbabwean representatives on Advocates Africa and Advocates International.
Kanokanga & Partners (herein the firm) was established in 1991 in Harare, Zimbabwe. The firm is a multi-award winning disciplinary law firm with a reputation for offering high quality service. The firm is regarded as a medium sized law firm providing a diverse range of legal services.
The firm maintains an international stance and has the capacity to service multi-national clients due to its close working relationship with international leading law firms and organizations in SADC, East & West Africa, Asia, Europe, North & South America.
Areas of specialty include inter alia: Arbitration, Commercial, Corporate, Criminal, Labour Law, Property Law and Property Transfers.
- To be a competitive legal advisory service provider in and outside Zimbabwe
- To provide sound, cost effective, quality legal services to individuals, small to medium size enterprises, non-governmental & inter-governmental organizations, listed and non listed businesses and other persons (real or artificial) requiring competent legal skills.
- To professionally provide quality legal services
- To do justice with compassion
- To build the law firm’s reputation
- To promote legal education
- We are committed to upholding professional ethics
- We are committed to charging reasonable fees
- We are committed to providing an efficient service
- We value Integrity; In this regard we are in all our dealings, open, honest and straight forward
- We value Confidentiality
- We value Professionalism
- We value Excellence
- We value Passion-we are passionate about our work
- We value Teamwork
- We value Trust
- We value Reliability
- We value our Clients-Our Clients come first. We look after our clients interests as if they were our own
Kanokanga & Partners now regarded as one of the top tier corporate – commercial law firms in Zimbabwe was established in 1991.This without a shadow of doubt, makes it one of the oldest post-independence ‘indigenous’ law firms.
This multi-disciplinary law firm was established by then (26) year old Davison Kanokanga after gaining considerable knowledge working under the supervision of (i) Mr. Patrick A Chinamasa (former Attorney General, Minister of Justice, Legal & Parliamentary Affairs) and (ii) Mrs. Justice Vernanda Ziyambi, Judge of the Supreme Court and Constitutional Court)
Davison as he is affectionately known sits on the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal with one other senior Lawyer and two High Court Judges. He has travelled extensively and gained valuable connections regionally, continentally and internationally. Davison was the first Zimbabwe fellow on the International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) program during which time he was placed at one of London’s and the world’s leading law firms, Lovells LLP before it merged to become Hogan Lovells LLP on a Skills Exchange Programme funded by amongst other law firms SJ Berwin, Linklaters, Clifford Chance and Eversheds. He was also the first Zimbabwean representative on Advocates Africa and Advocates International.
In addition to practicing law, Davison is a radio and television personality who through his programmes offers free services to the Zimbabwean nation.
For a list of references contact Davison Kanokanga SC.