Aurelio obtained his law degree from Univeridad Católica Andrés Bello in 1982. He has a Master of Law (LL.M.) in Admiralty from Tulane University, 1983. He has been with Clyde & Co since 1991, and is one of the founders in Venezuela. He is practice manager and deals with complex contentious and non-contentious matters.
Aurelio has been Professor of General Maritime Law at Universidad Maritima del Caribe for more than fifteen years. He is a member and ex-Secretary General of the Iberoamerican Maritime Law Institute; Member of the International Bar Association; Titular Member of the Comité Maritime International; Curent President of the Venezuela Maritime Law Association; Member of the British Chamber of Commerce; Member of the Venezuelan-American Chamber of Commerce and Member of the Lawyers Association of Caracas.
Aurelio has represented a range of insurers, reinsurers, clubs, owners, operators and investors for over 20 years.
He has been a regular speaker not only in Venezuela, but also in Latin America and the United States, where he has had the opportunity to discuss several topics, including foreign investment in Venezuela as well as shipping law and business widely.
Aurelio is fluent in Spanish and English.
– Venezuelan and International Private Law with special emphasis on transportation, foreign investments and general corporate matters
– Foreign investment and international transactions
– Shipping and transportation
– Insurance and reinsurance
– International arbitration and contracts in international banking, finance, insurance and transportation as well as oil and energy areas
Law Firm Overview:
Clyde & Co is a dynamic, rapidly expanding global law firm focused on providing a complete legal service to clients in our core sectors.