Alberto Campo is a co-founder and managing partner of Evergreen Legal and is the partner responsible for our areas of commercial-financial (banking & finance) and restructuring and insolvency (restructuring & insolvency).
He has 16 years of experience in financing operations and debt restructuring, including among his clients the main financial entities that operate in Spain as well as institutional investors and large corporate clients from diverse sectors, both Spanish and foreign.
During all the years since 2011, Alberto’s career has been distinguished by Best Lawyers® in the practices of Projects, Public Finance and Banking & Finance, including the honor of being distinguished as “2014 Best Lawyer of the Year” in Spain for the practice of Projects, and as “2015 Best Lawyer of the Year” for the practice of Public Finance
Alberto develops his practice in all types of financing operations, especially with an international component, advising both companies and financiers in operations of:
– Real estate finance, in particular of shopping centers, hotels and logistics centers.
– project financing, in particular energy and infrastructure projects.
– corporate financing and acquisitions (corporate finance).
– asset financing.
– asset securitizations.
– OTC financial derivatives.
In recent years, in addition to his advice on origination operations, Alberto has advised Sareb, financial institutions and institutional investors in debt refinancing and restructuring operations, as well as in distressed investment strategies (eg purchase of NPLs and financing lines). in pre-insolvency and insolvency offices of accredited companies).
During all the years since 2011, Alberto’s career has been distinguished by Best Lawyers® in the practices of Projects, Public Finance and Banking & Finance, including the honor of being distinguished as “2014 Best Lawyer of the Year” in Spain for the practice of Projects, and as “2015 Best Lawyer of the Year” for the practice of Public Finance.
– Advice to MásMóvil Ibercom in the different acquisition financing operations (leveraged finance) of 100% of the share capital of Yoigo (fourth mobile telecommunications operator in Spain), and of the Pepephone group (largest independent virtual mobile operator or MVNO in the market) Spanish, only behind Grupo MásMóvil), including the subscription of a syndicated loan with national and international financial institutions of reference and the issuance of a convertible bond with one of the largest private equity funds in the US (since June 2016).
– Advice to Sareb in the sale of several portfolios of NPLs and PLs granted to important companies in the real estate sector (Project Vega – December 2015, Proyect Dreamland – January 2015, and Proyect Olivia – December 2014), as well as in the purchase and sale of individual loans.
– Advice to several Spanish and foreign sponsors in the refinancing of syndicated bank debt granted for the construction and operation of a 20 MW photovoltaic park (December 2015).
– Advice to Hayfin Capital Management in several debt restructuring operations with real estate developers (May-July 2015).
– Advice to Sareb on the debt restructuring of Riofisa Este (Grupo Asentia) (June 2015).
– Advice to PIMCO Europe Ltd in the purchase of a portfolio of NPLs, both with mortgage (secured) and unsecured (May 2015).
– Hernández-Echevarría Abogados (HEYD), responsible partner of banking & finance (2014-2015).
– Deloitte Abogados, director in the Financial Services Group (FSI) and head of the banking & finance team (2013).
– Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira (2000-2012), member of the Pro International Advocacy Program (PPAI), senior associate and team leader of the financial department since 2011, including secondments in the following offices:
– Sidley Austin, LLP, on the International Finance Group team (London, 2007).
– Machado, Meyer, Sendacz and Opice, in the banking law team (Sao Paulo, 2002).
– Clifford Chance, lawyer in practices (trainee), department of Banking & Finance (Madrid, 1999).
Training and Languages
– Master of Laws (M.) in Securities & Financial Regulation, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington DC, 2004.
– Licensed in Admon. and Business Administration, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, ICADE E-3, Madrid, 2000.
– Law degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, ICADE E-3, Madrid, 1999.
Languages: Spanish, English and Portuguese.