Meti Ketner is our exclusively recommended Intellectual Property Law expert in Slovenia on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Meti directly using the contact details listed above.
Meti is a passionate and innovative lawyer and a businesswoman, European Trademark and Design Attorney, the CEO and the founder of KETNER® Ltd. which is constantly progressing and expanding and following the key trends of Intellectual Property Protection to which clients can rely on.
Meti is aware that the Intellectual Property Protection sector is constantly evolving. Ideas of the future are already changing the present moment. She is very proud to show the world the intellectual capacity of Slovenia – the rising star of this world.
“I love the law. I perform my job with pleasure and love. On the basis of professional, accurate, and reliable work, I am using my legal knowledge to act justly and to help people and economic entities in the market.”
- Expert for Patents
- European Trade Mark and Design Attorney at the European Union Intellectual Property Office
- CEIPI (Center for International Intellectual Property Studies), University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France – Basic Training in European Patent Law (2015/2016-2016/2017)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, CBE – Training Programme for professional training of candidates for detectives (2015) – specialization in the field of intellectual property
- WIPO, World Intellectual Property Organization, Innovation Division and The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (2012) – Intellectual property valuation training
- WIPO, World Intellectual Property Organization and The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenian Intellectual Property Office and The Slovenian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2010) – Franchising and Licensing Agreement
- European Patent Office, European Patent Academy (2009) – European Patent Academy Summer School AU47-2009 “IPR for researches”
- The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (2003) – Master examination for Trade Mark and Design Attorney
- The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of the Interior, Directorate for the Organization and Development of Administration, Administration Academy (2002) – Master examination for employees in the public administration and justice system
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Law – International law / university degree in law (2000)
- 2008 onwards: KETNER, Ltd. – Founder, Director of the company, Trade Mark and Design Attorney
- 2006-2009: AGENCIJA VEBO, družba za invencije, pravno svetovanje in nove medije, d.o.o. – Director
- 2005-2006: HIGHER COURT IN MARIBOR – Judicial intern
- 2004-2005: INSTITUTE OF SHAREHOLDERSHIP – Legal consultant and project manager
- 2003: MIRO SENICA – ODVETNIK – Attorney, lawyer intern
- 2001-2002: SCHOENHERR, d.o.o. – Head of Legal Department
- 2000-2001: STATISTICAL OFFICE OF THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA – Lawyer intern
- During my studies, I worked as an Assistant in the framework of two international PHARE projects; “Further Alignment of Slovene Statistical Methodology with EC Requirements and Reinforcement of the Institutional Capacity of Slovene Statistical Office in View of Accession to the EU” (SORS) and “Approximation of Legislation and Enforcement Programme” (Government Office of the Republic of Slovenia for legislation).
We are Slovene legal office specialising in intellectual property, focusing on industrial property (trademarks, industrial designs, patents, etc.).We provide legal advice, prepare expert reports, and perform searches and monitoring and other specialist support in the field of industrial property rights and beyond.
We provide representation in the processes of acquisition, registration, maintenance, and enforcement of industrial property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs…). We are official Patent Attorney entered in the Register of Patent Attorneys at the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (No. 258) and the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (EU) (No. 46191).
We provide representation in domain names disputes.
We encourage the development of copyright, intellectual property and other rights deriving from the creative activities of human being.
We are the owners of ZASCITA.SI, PROTECTION.SI and KLIK TV trademarks, and the company founder, Meti Ketner, is the co-owner of VODA.SI trademark.
We are ambitiously tackling everyday tasks. Our goal is to raise awareness about the importance of intellectual property and intellectual property protection.