Zayd Alathari is our exclusively recommended Intellectual Property Law expert in Saudi Arabia on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Zayd directly using the contact details listed above.
Zayd is a highly-experienced intellectual property lawyer based in Norton Rose Fulbright’s Riyadh office. He focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law, including:
- managing and advising on patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright portfolios and matters,
- drafting and prosecuting patent applications,
- handling, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of IP and technology transactions and deals,
- advising on IP commercialisation and dispute resolution,
- conducting due diligence and freedom to practice, and risk mitigation,
- advising on data protection, digitalisation, IT and organisational transformation efforts
- establishing, reviewing and enhancing policies and procedures, and
- other IP counseling.
Before joining the Mohammed Al-Ghamdi Law Firm in association with Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Alathari worked at Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), where he led the company’s IP initiatives as its Senior Manager & IP Counsel in the Middle East and Africa. In eight years at SABIC, Alathari led a team that supported SABIC’s Middle East and Africa manufacturing teams and the company’s global technology & innovation teams for the chemical, agri-nutrients and metal business in the US, Europe, Middle East, China and India.
At SABIC, he helped develop and implement SABIC’s global IP strategies and policies, and he provided legal and IP advice and contract support to protect and enhance the value of the company’s technology. Additionally, Alathari and his team drafted and negotiated a wide range of technology agreements; prepared and prosecuted patent applications; managed and maintained patent portfolios; conducted due diligence; and handled freedom to operate (FTO) opinions.
Before his in-house career in Saudi Arabia, Alathari practiced at a major US law firm in Washington, DC. As an associate and registered patent attorney, he advised US-based and international clients on IP litigation, transaction and patent prosecution matters.