Alexei Roudiak advises Russian and international clients on all aspects of M&A projects, private equity deals and corporate restructurings. He is highly skilled in dealing with complex joint venture issues (both formation and breakup), defending against hostile take-overs (both structuring and litigation strategies) and advising on investments that involve state participants and offshore structuring issues. Alexei has developed a particular expertise in the energy and natural resources and real estate sectors.
Alexei graduated from the international law department of the Moscow State Institute (University) for International Relations (MGIMO) where he now teaches law. He joined the firm as partner in 2007 after more than a decade of working at the Moscow and Paris offices of an international law firm and with a leading consultancy firm.
Alexei has advised:
- ONEXIM Group on a more than US$400 million debt and corporate restructuring of RosBusinessConsulting (RBC) Group, a Russian media company, and on the acquisition of majority control in the newly created holding company RBC-TV Moscow
- Mohawk Industries on Russian law issues in relation to indirect acquisition of 100% in Marazzi Group for approximately $1.5 billion with a combination of cash and equity
- ONEXIM Group, as a co-owner of Quadra (formerly Territorial Generating Company 4 (TGK-4)), on the establishment of a joint venture with Dalkia International, subsidiary of Veolia Environment and EDF, in relation to the provision of district heating in Russia
- Tata Motors on the Russian aspects of its US$2.3 billion acquisition of Land Rover and Jaguar from Ford Motors
- Gazprombank-Invest on a joint venture with a UK-based real estate investment fund to develop a US$100 million Grade A logistics park in north-western Russia
- Potok ∞ (the former Mirax Group) on the restructuring of public debt of the group secured by properties under development
- ONEXIM Group on the sale of control over Chernogorskaya, a Russian mining company
- Gazprom, Wintershall and E.ON as project sponsors and the project company as borrower on the €1 billion project financing to develop Yuzhno-Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia, Russia. Click here to read more
- VEB – Project Management in relation to the redevelopment of an industrial site in the center of Moscow formerly occupied by Slava factory
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate on its first transaction in Russia involving the acquisition of a stake in a Russian real estate developer.
From 1992 as Russia transitioned to a market economy, we were helping businesses on deals, disputes and projects in Russia, gaining an in-depth understanding of the legal issues that arise. We opened our Moscow office in 1999 to provide full-service Russian, English and US law capability.
We work with domestic and foreign investors and financial institutions on a range of complex matters across multiple sectors drawing on our multi-jurisdictional network of knowledge and experience to provide a seamless advice for Russian and international clients.
We offer a full service practice with tier one rankings in the leading legal directories for corporate / M&A, private equity, dispute resolution, banking and finance, restructuring and insolvency, PPP and energy.
We pride ourselves on consistently providing the highest quality service to our clients, which has been recognised by the Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence – in particular, our Russian practice was honoured with a Client Service Award in 2015.