Ernst Ravnaas is Managing Partner at SANDS. Ravnaas has through 30 years worked with tax issues, in particular in relation to group company structuring, international structuring and purchase and sale of businesses. He has also extensive experience as adviser for the large business organizations in fiscal policy questions, and was a member of the tax committee which prepared the tax reform of 1992.
Ravnaas has with his Master in Business and Economics also worked extensively with accounting questions of legal character and issues in the borderland between law and finance. He has considerable experience as arbitrator.
Ravnaas is author of a number of books within tax law and accounting law and is frequently used as lecturer. Chambers Global characterize Ravnaas as a person “celebrated as one of the best lawyers in tax – he looks for new opportunities and new ways to approach issues. Clients find him creative, knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Ravnaas has previously been a partner in BA-HR and Wikborg Rein.
SANDS is a full service business law firm with leading expertise within all areas of business law. We are one of Norway’s largest law firms with over 160 lawyers.
- Nationwide presence with offices in south- east, west and north of Norway
- Lawyers with international experience
- Lawyers with legal or management experience from industry
- Several lawyers with higher economic degrees
- We have attracted more lateral hire partners than any other Norwegian law firm in the last two years, all from leading law firms. These include internationally ranked experienced partners and younger partners