Vanja Mugoša is our exclusively recommended Corporate Law expert in Montenegro on the Advisory Excellence website. If you need assistance in this area, please contact Vanja directly using the contact details listed above.
Experienced Managing Partner with a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry. Skilled in Commercial Law, Negotiation, Business Planning, Legal Writing, Corporate Law, and Intellectual Property. Strong business development professional graduated from University of Montenegro, Law Faculty Podgorica.
Corporate Law Practice:
- Currently the main legal advisor to the largest retail chain “VOLI TRADE” d.o.o. Podgoric
- Currently the main legal advisor to a large number of commercial retail and wholesale companies
- Currently the main legal advisor to two Montenegrin companies that are distributors of BMW and Renault vehicles
- Currently the main legal advisor and court representative of the largest Montenegrin Hotel Group “Budvanska Rivijera” AD Budva
- Currently the main legal representative of the number of healthcare institutions (private and state-owned)
Main Practice Areas:
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Law
- Privatization, mergers, and acquisitions
- Banking and finance
- Energy, utilities, and infrastructure
- Bidding (competition)
- Labour law
- Tax law
- Capital markets and securities
- Intellectual property
- Real estate
- Dispute resolution
- Criminal law
- Legal advisor for Public-Private Partnership in Montenegro
- Legal advisor to numerous foreign and domestic companies in mergers and acquisitions, privatization procedures, award of concessions, etc.
- Legal advisor to numerous construction and investment companies in Montenegro
We have been operating as a new entity in the legal advisory market of FR Yugoslavia since 1984, when we were founded by the Attorney-at-Law Novica Jovović.
From the very beginning we have been recognised as a successful and highly respected law office, with diverse portfolio of legal services and also as a reliable, loyal and competent partner of our clients. Between 1992 and 2009 we had worked in Montenegro and Serbia under the name law firm Jovović & partners, and since January 2010 we are working under the name law firm Jovović, Mugoša & Vuković.
If one measure success of a law firm by the size of workforce, then our law firm is the biggest in Montenegro. In addition to that, our law firm shall be between three biggest legal services providers in Montenegro, if one apply criterion of size of client database and annually generated revenues.
Eventually, if one perform benchmarking on the ground of quality of IT sector, internal procedures, case management, client care etc., our law firm again needs to be envisaged as indisputable market leader. With bespoke approach to our clients we have assured a leading position and good reputation.
Our operative results yielded a possibility to participate in process of privatisation and restructuring of ex state-owned property, resolving strategic economic controversies and other high value disputes, protection of human rights and intellectual property and the disputes that were of particular media and public interest.
From the beginning of our work, the law firm has been reinforced with young staff, with talented lawyers that are capable to resolve diverse problems with energy and knowledge.
Important moment in the life of the firm was in 2016, when we had moved to the new 1000 sq.m building on the present downtown address.
We sincerely believe that services based on proficiency and qualifications are the pillars of success. In year to come, our objectives shall remain the same – to provide a service of precision and high quality, and we will do that only if we stay current with the legal environment in Western Balkans.
In order to be capable to propose complex legal solutions, we need to cooperate with reputable business, tax, financial and accounting advisors in Montenegro and abroad. In addition to that, from time to time, we have cooperated with other specialists in areas that require specific non-legal qualifications and knowledge.