Coming to fraud investigations with a unique perspective, Angela Barkhouse applies her broad experience in assessing corruption, investigating fraud and winding up entities to derive practical solutions to ascertaining the facts and repatriating stolen assets. Where businesses want to be proactive in risk management, Angela can assist with mitigating the impact of financial crime and economic loss.
With 15 years’ professional experience, Angela has consulted with governments, law firms, banks, corporations and NGO’s to investigate financial fraud, bribery, corruption, conflicts of interest, embezzlement, stolen sovereign wealth, and make cross-border asset recoveries.
- Currently acting for a newly elected Government in Asia in investigating money laundering through the central bank with the collusion of high ranking members of the former government and government agencies.
- Led the forensic investigation into the misappropriation of substantial assets by members of a former regime in South Asia through the central banking system and government owned entities, supporting multi-jurisdictional litigation for both criminal and civil proceedings in claims exceeding $1billion.
- Investigated the embezzlement, kickbacks and bribery allegations against a senior government official in Africa; examining evidence in support of interim disclosure and freezing orders in the UK.
- Investigation and litigation support in a claim by minority shareholders against third parties for the money laundering of drug trafficking and terrorist financing activities through Latin America, Africa and Lebanon.
- Acted as an independent expert for the UNDP in assessing strategies in the investigation of corruption cases in Tunisia.
- A member of the Cross-Sector Advisory Board, advising on HMG Counter-Fraud framework recently developed by the Cabinet Office.
Founded in 2007 in the Cayman Islands, KRyS Global is an international asset recovery firm with an expertise in offshore focused fraud investigations, cross-border insolvency and restructurings, and litigation support. The firm has grown to over 50 outstanding professionals working from seven offices worldwide, predominantly situated in offshore financial centres, KRyS Global has built an enviable reputation for timely, proactive and innovative solutions, particularly in situations of uncertainty, leveraging the knowledge and experience of our professionals and incorporating practical common sense in ensuring positive outcomes for our clients.
All of our service lines have an ultimate focus on achieving positive outcomes and recoveries for our clients and stakeholders: whilst many of our professionals hold accountancy qualifications we do not offer audit or tax advisory services. We prefer to avoid conflicts of interests and we value the independence and free-thinking that empowers.
Although many of our professionals are experienced in dealing with contentious and non-contentious insolvencies and restructurings, we are not a traditional firm of “insolvency practitioners”. Our cases often require that we utilize our full suite capabilities and skills to make recoveries for stakeholders.
We also invest heavily in ensuring that our people have in-house access to the most cutting edge digital forensic and e-discovery tools. Coupled with the local fraud investigation expertise and knowledge, our clients can rely upon being best placed to get a favourable result.
Our competitors tend to be the international accounting firms: some managed from their onshore headquarters with little awareness of local knowledge. These behemoths simply cannot offer the nimble, hands on approach which we can to our client’s problems. We live, work and operate within the offshore world: this is what we do.
And, in all that we do, we are relentless in continuously striving to be innovators within our field. We are a unique firm offering sophisticated but practical solutions to complex issues. Our approach and the successful outcomes our clients enjoy are unrivalled.
Our corporate vision is:
- To be the most effective and sought after offshore asset recovery firm with an expertise in offshore focused fraud investigations, cross-border insolvency and restructurings, and litigation support.
- To approach each matter with creativity, objectivity and lateral thinking while identifying practical strategies and resolutions.
- To encourage our teams to be relentless, forward-thinking and challenge each member to provide services that exceed our Clients’ expectations.
- Commitment to being the global leader in our industry, delivering results and achieving exceptional value for our Clients.