Simuzar Feyzullayeva is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Baku office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she worked in the Boston Municipal Court’s Dorchester Division, the Legal Advocacy and Resource Center in Boston, the Azerbaijan branch office of PricewaterhouseCoopers Central Asia and Caucasus B.V., and various courts in Baku.
Ms. Feyzullayeva focuses on trade and commerce matters. She also advises Azerbaijani and international clients on corporate and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters:
– Advised International Bank of Azerbaijan on its debut Eurobonds offering in the amount of USD500 million listed in European stock exchanges.
– Advised IVECO France in negotiating and drafting the commercial sales agreement on the sale of IVECO buses to BakuBus LLC in the amount of USD46 million.
– Advised on public procurement regulations applicable to the tender documentation for development of High Tech Park in Azerbaijan.
– Advised international financial institutions on funding of projects in Azerbaijan through grants and other financial aid.
– Conducted compliance interviews with a local distributor and prepared compliance assessment report with recommendations for a global FMCG company. Conducted due diligence on a potential distributor.
– Conducted compliance interviews with employees of the world’s largest cement manufacturer and international oil and gas company with regard to alleged violation of ethical standards/compliance rules and prepared the assessment reports.
– Advised numerous global luxury brand holders on appointment/termination of local agents, distributors or franchisees in Azerbaijan, including review/preparation of distribution/franchise agreements.
– Advised an Azerbaijani company on IT software procurement project funded by the World Bank.
– Advised a number of foreign and local companies on state registration and liquidation/de-registration of subsidiaries, representative and branch offices of foreign and local companies in Azerbaijan, as well as registration of corporate changes.
– Advised one of the largest international construction consulting companies on post-merger issues.
– Azerbaijan (2008)
– Boston University School of Law (Master of Laws LL.M. American Law with Concentration in International Business Practice) (2011)
– Baku State University (Master of Laws LL.M. Commercial Law Honors) (2010)
– Baku State University (Honors) (2008)
Our Azerbaijani lawyers assist with transactions and joint ventures as well as advising on regulatory issues related to the financial, telecoms and energy markets, including representation foreign and state-owned companies in significant banking and corporate matters, and features an outstanding dispute resolution team. A favoured choice among European financial institutions and international corporate clients for inbound M&A and project financing mandates, the Baku office is able to leverage its position as part of one of the most extensively-networked law firms in the world to secure top-level clients.