Eversheds Sutherland is pleased to announce that 19 practice areas and 99 attorneys have been recognised in the 2020 edition of The Legal 500 United States, a comprehensive survey of legal service providers. For more than 25 years, the series has provided feedback on law firms from more than 100 countries.
Also this year, The Legal 500 named 11 attorneys to its elite “Leading Lawyers” list. Lee C. Davis and Jennifer Wheatley Fletcher were recognised in the Construction category; Adam B. Cohen and Vanessa A. Scott were recognised in the Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Retirement Plans category; James R. Dwyer and Cynthia R. Shoss were recognised in the Insurance: Non-contentious category; Jeffrey A. Friedman and Jerome B. Libin were recognised in Tax – US Taxes: Contentious; Robert D. Owen was recognised in the Dispute Resolution – E-discovery category; Wade H. Stribling was recognised in M&A/Corporate and Commercial – M&A: Middle-market (sub-$500m); and Peter C. Quittmeyer was recognised in the Technology: Outsourcing category.
Eversheds Sutherland received national rankings in:
- Dispute Resolution – E-discovery
- Dispute Resolution – General Commercial Disputes
- Finance – Financial Services: Regulation
- Finance – Structured Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products
- Industry Focus – Energy Regulation: Conventional Power
- Industry Focus – Energy Regulation: Oil & Gas
- Industry Focus – Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power
- Industry Focus – Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- Industry Focus – Insurance: Non-contentious
- Intellectual Property – Patent: Patent Prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- Labour and Employment – Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Retirement Plans
- M&A/Corporate and Commercial – M&A: Middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Media, Technology and Telecoms – Fintech
- Media, Technology and Telecoms – Technology: Outsourcing
- Real Estate and Construction – Construction (including construction litigation)
- Real Estate and Construction – Real Estate
- Tax – International Tax
- Tax – US Taxes: Contentious
- Tax – US Taxes: Non-contentious
About Eversheds Sutherland
As a global top 10 law practice, Eversheds Sutherland provides legal services to a global client base ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to the largest multinationals, acting for 75 of the Fortune 100, 68 of the FTSE 100 and 113 of the Fortune 200.
With more than 3,000 lawyers, Eversheds Sutherland operates in 70 offices in 34 jurisdictions across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. In addition, a network of more than 200 related law firms, including formalised alliances in Latin America, Asia Pacific and Africa, provide support around the globe.
Eversheds Sutherland provides the full range of legal services, including corporate and M&A; dispute resolution and litigation; energy and infrastructure; finance; human capital and labour law; intellectual property; real estate and construction; and tax.
Eversheds Sutherland comprises two separate legal entities: Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP (headquartered in the UK) and Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (headquartered in the US), and their respective controlled, managed, affiliated and member firms. The use of the name Eversheds Sutherland is for description purposes only and does not imply that the member firms or their controlled, managed or affiliated entities are in a partnership or are part of a global LLP.