BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional services organisations, today announced the acquisition of BioProcess Technology Consultants, Inc. (BPTC), a provider of chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC) consulting services to the global biopharmaceutical industry. The acquisition of BPTC bolsters BDO’s capabilities in the life sciences industry within the biopharmaceutical product development space and is effective as of April 1, 2019.
“We are pleased to welcome BPTC’s knowledge and resources to enhance our focus in the life sciences industry and deepen our biopharmaceutical product development offerings,” said Eric Jia-Sobota, national leader of BDO’s Industry Specialty Services and Life Sciences practices. “Joining forces with BPTC strengthens our ability to assist life sciences companies in managing risk, maximising profitability and fostering continued innovation to unlock new value and deliver improved outcomes.”
Founded in 1994, BPTC was a biologics CMC consulting firm, providing a full range of technical, regulatory and strategic assistance related to the development and commercialisation of biopharmaceutical products. BPTC assisted clients in developing manufacturing processes and strategies that enhanced the overall value of their products, while de-risking product development.
Howard L. Levine, Ph.D., BPTC founder, president and CEO will become managing director and national leader of the Bioprocess Technology Group within BDO’s Life Sciences practice.
“Since our inception, we’ve worked with companies to advance and de-risk the biotherapeutic development process, address unmet medical needs and increase patient access to novel medicines,” said Levine. “We’re excited to join BDO’s Life Sciences practice to support clients across the entire product development and company lifecycles.”
The professionals of BPTC who have joined BDO’s Life Sciences practice are headquartered in BDO’s Boston office at One International Place and based in locations throughout the country.
- Over the past six years, BDO USA’s cumulative growth rate has far outpaced all other major U.S. accounting firms, with revenues more than doubling from $618 million in 2012 to $1.47 billion in 2018. During that time, BDO entered 24 new U.S. cities and expanded its critical mass in 13 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialised in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, life sciences, manufacturing, non-profit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for eight consecutive years and been recognised with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for nine consecutive years.
- BDO has more than 60 offices and over 650 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 80,000 people in 1,591 offices across 162 countries.
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and over 650 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 80,000 people working out of 1,591 offices across 162 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit https://www.bdo.com/