Undeniably, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has changed the way brands communicate with people. Real-time responses have become a thing. Besides, AI has completely altered the way marketing campaigns are managed.
If you are new to the concept of using AI in the digital marketing domain, this post can help.
Artificial intelligence actively helps businesses in:
- Coming up with effective digital marketing strategies
- Enhancing campaigns, and
- Tripling returns on investments
If you observe, you’ll realise there are already many AI applications we use, such as:
- Self-driving automobiles
- Smart lifestyle devices
There are various ways through which AI applications can support digital marketing. We shall talk about some of them in detail below.
AI in Digital Marketing
Artificial intelligence in digital marketing indicates how we can use this technology to:
- Drive more online sales
- Improve customer experience, and
- Speed up and optimise various digital marketing tasks.
In the beginning, marketing professionals feared integrating AI in their digital marketing ventures. Soon, big names like Alibaba, Amazon, and eBay started using it. And they extracted incredible results.
AI Benefiting Different Businesses
Amazon was one of the first companies to have integrated AI into their digital domain. They designed a personalised recommendation system by using artificial intelligence.
This greatly improved the user experience. Their online customers started getting relevant recommendations based on their previous shopping preferences.
Similarly, AI has proved its importance for non-profit digital marketing as well. There are many ways non-profit online marketing campaigns can succeed with the help of AI.
For example, the AI-backed predictive analysis can help NGOs in:
- Getting more positive responses to direct mails and emails
- Boosting regular donation programs
- Targeting donors with the right propensity
By making AI an integral part of their non-profit digital marketing strategy, GreenPeace AU, Parkinson’s UK, and other NGOs have been able to:
- Improve segmentation techniques to target potential donors.
- Send the right message across to relevant segments.
- Target more donors who are likely to respond to their fundraising campaigns.
Implementation of AI in Digital Marketing
Whether it is an NGO digital strategy or a normal one, AI can make a big impact. Here is how you can implement AI into digital marketing:
One of the best examples of AI in digital marketing is chatbots. Chatbots are computer programs. They use conversational AI to simulate conversation with a human user. It can be done via messenger applications, website chat boxes, and telephones.
Chatbots reduce the reliance on service agents with incredible cost-efficiency. Using rule-based language applications, they can engage customers. This, in turn, elevates the online shopping experience to a whole new level.
- Quick Query Resolution: Chatbots can drive conversations with customers via live chat functions. Now, customers don’t have to wait for a service agent. They can get all their answers in real-time.
- Data Collection: Chatbots can collect more data from the users. In turn, they provide them with more relevant information.
It’s relatively common and a lot of brands have now used chatbots to up their marketing game. For instance, Sephora has launched a chatbot on its website that gives beauty tips.
How do you get loads of suggestions based on previous searches? Well, that is also AI, using targeted marketing to upscale your search engine results.
- Creating separate advertisements and marketing campaigns.
- Targeting separate audiences based on their requirements.
For instance, you could have searched for “hockey sticks”. Later, you got tons of advertisements for hockey sticks from different brands.
So, if you’re wondering how to market non-profits, this technique can give you a good start. By using AI, you can:
- Collect demographics of potential donors.
- Send the right message across to a specific group.
As they say, ‘data is the new oil’. It’s a precious asset that companies spend a considerable budget to acquire. They can come up with targeted marketing campaigns based on user data.
Now, think about adding AI to data analysis. What will it do?
- It will take you beyond merely understanding customer behaviour.
- You can predict what the customer is likely to do in the future.
AI algorithms are extremely efficient and fast. So, you can throw in large data and its processed output will be available within seconds.
What’s so interesting about predictive analysis is:
- They show customer behaviours.
- Tell you the optimum product prices for better sales.
AI predictive tools will become an essential part of future marketing campaigns.
These tools can also improve a non-profit digital marketing strategy in the same manner. You can use them to know – for instance, how many donors can contribute to your upcoming event.
Can artificial intelligence produce content? Well, with some exceptions, it can!
Of course, AI can’t possibly come up with opinionated articles and columns. However, AI software can create reports and analyses. It can research tons of data to create informative content.
It can be time-saving and generate a lot of clicks on your website, driving way more traffic than before. But still, it’s too early to put all your eggs in the AI basket. It still lacks the element of creativity and human-friendliness of a professional copywriter.
Instead, hiring a professional content marketing service would be better. A professional service knows:
- When to leverage AI tools, and
- What tools can help you come up with the best content
Personalised Product Recommendations
Have you ever visited websites that asked for your specific information? Most of you did.
That is the AI talking, and trying to collect your relevant data. This is how it can provide you with personalised product recommendations.
Now think about the experience the first-time visitor will have when they get what they need. This way, the chances of them turning into regular customers are much higher.
AI-backed digital marketing helps you know a lot about your visitors:
- Personal preferences
- Likes and dislikes
Based on that, you can recommend products they will surely purchase.
As you have read, AI can play an integral part in the future of digital marketing.
- It can go through millions of data units that a human can’t.
- It offers various applications in the digital marketing domain.
- These applications have been evolving with time.
So, we can expect more targeted results from AI-backed digital marketing.